AHL Day 51— Thanks for the daily connections you make with the boys
STAY WELL: Let’s all try to do our best to take care of ourselves and to take care of those around us as well. I can be reached via 090-5190-5097 anytime. I have also been attending Charles’ meets hangout as well so please do drop in (uzm-cgqs-gwf). Take care.
RECLAIMING PERSONAL PROPERTY AND RETURNING SCHOOL PROPERTY: We sent the form to those confirmed to be leaving to come to school to return school property and to pick up their belongings. We will do this next Thursday and Friday on a staggered schedule—teachers are not involved in this exchange. Also, please note that this is ONLY to exchange materials—it is not for picking up the report cards, transcripts, etc. These will be sent via mail on June 4.
**Also, we may need homeroom teachers help to locate the boys’ desks so that we can return all their property but only if we have problems finding everything. Thanks.
ES TALENT SHOW: The Talent Show will be aired on Wednesday, June 3 from 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. We are still working out the tech for this event but hope to allow students to vote for their favorite acts. Thanks again to George for organizing the Talent Show for the entire ES—we’re all looking forward to it!
GRADE 5 GRADUATION: Details are falling into place so thanks for your patience. We will hold the event on Thursday, June 4 from 1:00 p.m. and want all ES students to attend as their final event for the year. At the end of the ceremony I will wish all students a happy summer vacation.
IMPORTANT: Please do take some time to make a brief congrats video and submit it to the link sent by Charles. I think it will be a nice touch at the end of the grad.
LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL: Please note the following information.
- Wellness Tuesday: Teachers should work on report cards and grading. Charles and I will post the virtual Sports Day link for the morning and the Wellness activities for the afternoon.
- Wednesday 9:00am-11:00am—Virtual Field Trips: For the virtual field trips, please check out the ones that Charles and I have found but you are also free to use your own if you wish. All we ask is that you make sure that the boys are engaged for the full two hours so multiple field trips will help you do this.
o To do the field trip, we ask that you present your screen to your students in your google meet (which will keep everyone together).
o Between the field trips you decide to show, you may also wish to give the boys a little time to talk about what they enjoyed but we will leave this to your good judgment.
o We hope everyone has a great time and thanks for doing your best to make it as fun, engaging and interactive as possible.
- Wednesday 1:00pm-3:00pm—ES Talent Show: We will create a Talent Show voting sheet (listing all the acts) that the boys can use to keep track of the acts they like. They can record their top five acts so they can vote at the end using a google form which we will send to everyone. In this way, they will help to select the winners so the show is somewhat interactive.
- Thursday 9:00am-11:00am—End of Year Parties: We want the boys to be engaged in their End of Year Party activities from 9:00am-11:00. Again, we leave this in your hands but suggest that you spend some time giving out the virtual awards and the other culminating activities you usually do in the regular school year.
- Thursday 1:00pm-2:00pm—ES Graduation Ceremony: All ES students should attend the graduation ceremony using the link that will be provided. After the ceremony finishes, I will announce the beginning of summer holidays.
- Thursday / Friday—Report cards will be sent by email Thursday and hard copies will be sent by regular mail Friday.
MOVE WITH MR. MOODIE: This has been a really fun exercise activity—thanks again to Dave and Mick for doing this. Thanks also to homeroom teachers for continuing to remind the boys to MUTE THEIR MICS BEFORE JOINING—thanks for your help.
Here is the schedule:
RP-Gr. 2 at 11:45 a.m.
Gr. 3-5 at 12:00 noon.
Q4 ASSESSMENTS: Thanks for putting the following note at the bottom of the comment section on every report card. Thanks for your help.
Note: All students began At Home Learning on March 4, 2020 and continued until the end of the school year on June 4, 2020. During this time, our usual assessments and grading have been modified for submission via SeeSaw, our online learning platform, and the student’s Quarter 4 results reflect this modification.
END OF YEAR CERTIFICATES: This year we will give out the End of the Year certificates virtually through Seesaw. I sent the certificates (they are fillable pdfs) in a separate email yesterday. Thanks in advance for making sure that each student is recognized for some achievement. When you save the awards, please save them as jpeg files using the student’s name—-that seems to work the best.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR WORK: Thank you for your continued dedication to your students’ learning during this difficult time. You are making a big difference in each day for the boys in your classes and they and their parents (and we) appreciate everything you are doing. Thanks.
Mark your calendars
June 1 Teacher Work Day—no school
2 Virtual Sports Day AM; Wellness Tuesday PM
3 Virtual field trips 9:00am-11:00am
Talent Show 1:00pm-3:00pm
4 Year End Homeroom Parties 9:00am-11:00am
Grade 5 Graduation from 1:00 p.m.
ES students begin their summer holidays after the graduation